Monday, March 11, 2013

Picture of the Past

As she looked into the picture, she thought; Who is that person, I don't know them anymore.
"I've changed" she said, "That girl is no more."
She wanted marriage, kids, stability.
But then she found him.
"Who needs stability when you can have something better,
Never dull, never monotonous
Always an adventure, always a smile."
She looked back at me and said,
"So as I said before, that girl there," she pointed, "...is no more"
Did I get it? I could almost feel her clean slate.
Do I feel otherwise or wish I were the same?
"Time will tell for you", she looked back again
"You never know where you may look back on a picture as well.
Cause its not a matter of when, as darling, it will surely happen to you, & indwell.
Pictures can capture the memories, but some can capture hell"

2 comments:

  1. I love the concept of pictures not only being able to capture the good memories but also once you reflect on events, they can also capture something we now perceive to be hell or a bad time in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so true..looking back through old pictures and memories can spark so many emotions and thoughts, not all positive ones. I thinks its a good way for us to reflect on the things in our life that we changed for a reason, and reminding us to keep pushing forward.

      Delete